MERCEDES-BENZ FINANCIAL SERVICES SOUTH AFRICA
At Mercedes-Benz Financial Services South Africa, we pride ourselves on our reputation for service excellence and our care in providing flexible, innovative and tailor-made finance and insurance solutions. Mercedes-Benz Financial Services is a leading captive automotive financial services provider, operating in 40 countries as the global financial services arm of Mercedes-Benz Mobility.
To achieve our goal of being the first-choice provider of vehicle financial products and services, we are looking for talented, diverse and inspired people with the skills, experience and innovative spirit to provide a first-class experience at every turn. We are committed to providing a great workplace environment that fosters a culture of openness, support and camaraderie.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Accounting & Tax Administrator, to join our Finance & Controlling team.
To perform the accounting and tax duties, including the VAT & deferred tax calculations, general ledger reconciliations and journal postings in preparation for compiling the Trial Balance of Mercedes-Benz Financial Services South Africa (“MBFS SA”), to design, improve and document processes which will ensure that MBFS SA follows the appropriate IFRS & accounting principles and to maintain communication channels with relevant SA tax authorities in compliance with the Company's related Policies, Integrity & Anti Bribery Codes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assistance in preparation and submission of internal & external financial reports
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Monthly processing of accounting journals from various departments and ensuring necessary controls are adhered.
- Processing of manual pay-outs, dealer pay-outs, customer refunds and performing of vendor reconciliations
- Prepare monthly VAT calculations
- Prepare monthly income tax & deferred tax calculations
- Maintain all correspondence with tax authorities
- Verification & reconciliation of debtors & creditors accounts
- Verification & reconciliation of Inventory Account
- Verification & reconciliation of all portfolio related GL accounts
- Verification & reconciliation of interface between Contract management system and general ledger.
- Verification & reconciliation of interface between Wholesale system and general ledger
- Ensure integrity of stock values on balance sheet and the timeous & accurate disposal of remarketed units
- Ensure all processes and documents are in accordance with ICS requirements. Responsible for the performance, maintenance and reporting of ICS controls in own area of responsibility Administration of Internal Control Systems (ICS) process for the whole business
- Keeping up to date with any IFRS changes
- Continuous improvement and upgrading of accounting processes, work standards and solutions.
- Project Management and Self-development.
- Assistance and execution of any ad hoc tasks required from time with regards to accounting and taxes.
THE BEST FIT
The ideal candidate will come from a Financial Services background or has worked in an Accounting & Tax Administration capacity before, and is adept in strategic thinking. You must pay attention to detail and process data accurately. You will also have problem solving attributes and be well organised. This role will suit someone who stays calm whilst under pressure. If this sounds like you then please apply via the website. Candidates without the relevant previous experience will not be considered.
- Financial Reporting
- Accounting principles
- Knowledge of FCPA regulations
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Analytical skills
- Time Management
- Numerical Reasoning
- Presentation skills
- Written communication
- Verbal communication
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making
- Business acumen
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Process oriented
- Emotional intelligence
- Strategic thinking
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an Accounting role
- 3 to 5 years’ experience within Financial Service Industry
- Matric/Grade 12
- Plus 3 year relevant qualification e.g. B Com with Accounting & Tax as a 3rd year subject or related degree
- B Com Honors Degree advantageous
Mercedes-Benz Group of Companies South Africa is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered, however the following will apply:
- Foreign nationals must qualify for a work visa/permit as per the provisions of the Immigration Act 13, 2002;
- Division’s Employment Equity Plan in terms of the Employment Equity Act, No 58, 1998.
CLOSING DATE: 11 MARCH 2022
Strictly no CVs will be considered sent via email.
The email address provided is only for queries on this specific requisition.
Apply for job