Responsible to support data science projects and solutions by leveraging software and web development experience to solve a variety of use cases across the Group and for its customers. Expected to be highly skilled in systems analysis and design, web and software engineering and UX and UI design with the ability build and scale tools and applications effectively in a cloud environment.
• Identify the organizational improvements needed, designing systems to implement those changes, then training and motivating others to use these systems.
• Execute work related to designing UI's and UX#s elements that enable users to use our products and services efficiently and with minimal effort.
• Execute on the design, development and/or maintenance of any web-based components that are necessary for tools and services to function correctly.
• Engage with stakeholders to support the design and delivery of data science projects and solutions.
• Use software development techniques to solve business problems.
• Responsible for working with a team of software and web developers to develop and maintain our cloud-based toolsets and production applications.
• Design, build and maintain software and web based tools and applications hosted on-prem and on cloud environments.
• Support software and web-based tools and applications for exploratory data analysis and solution development.
• Lead and develop a team of junior software and web developers.
• Contribute to our agile way of work and our innovation culture.
• Up to date knowledge of software and web development tools and related technologies.
• Translate business requirements into system requirements.
• Consistent documentation of all implemented tools, systems and processes.
• Support tools, applications and infrastructure lifecycles via standard service management principles and processes
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION/PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
• 3-year degree/ diploma (NQF level 6) preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Software and/or Web Development or a related field.
• A relevant post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
• 3-5 years relevant experience, of which at least 2 years must have been in a software and/or web development environment.
• Experience in ICT/
• Telecommunications will be an advantage. Experience with system and process analysis and design.
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
• Expected to stay abreast of new software development frameworks, tools and methodologies and be able to put them into practice.
• Relational and non-relational database foundational knowledge
• Software and web development knowledge base
• Software and web development frameworks, concepts and terms
• Dev ops CI/CD and cloud deployment best practices
• Cloud containerisation knowledge, standards and application deployment options
• Cloud computing and platform management (GCP, Azure, AWS, etc.)
Must have a minimum of 3/4 years' experience within a Management position within high-end fashion or hospitality industry.Must have good attention to detail.