International IDEA is managing a 18 months EU funded programme to support to the Democratic transition in Chad, and to contribute to SDG 16 to promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
The programme seeks to support the democratic transition by supporting the establishment of mechanisms for an inclusive dialogue and consensus building on the transition process; strengthen stakeholders’ capacity for constitution building; enhance stakeholders’ capacity for electoral reform that will facilitate credible electoral processes; and strengthen citizens awareness on the transitional process and broader democratic governance practices. It is anticipated that Chad’s transition period and processes will provide an opportunity for Chad’s transition to democracy.
Based in Ndjamena, Chad, International IDEA seeks to appoint:
SENIOR FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The Senior Finance and Administrative Officer will provide financial support to all projects under the Ndjamena office and the sub-regional programme in accordance with International IDEA and donor policies and procedures. The incumbent will also coordinate all administrative activities within the office and will provide high-level administrative support. The incumbent will serve as a contracting and procurement focal point and ensures the quality-checking of invoicing, procurement, contracts, and personnel documents.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
• Performs all duties related to the Supplier’s Ledger including processing of invoices, payments, maintenance of supplier accounts and recording of transactions, ensuring that transactions are properly authorized in accordance with delegated authority
• Monitors cash flows, forecasting and ensure adequate cash levels are maintained in the Ndjamena office
• Prepares monthly financial reports and monthly reconciliation of accounts as applicable
• Serves as the procurement and contracting/contracts focal point for the Ndjamena Office
• Ensures that procurement processes are planned and coordinated in a timely manner and in compliance with the policies and procedures of the Institute and any relevant Donors
• Coordinates and contributes to the preparation of contractual documents for consultants and service providers as required in line with International IDEA policies and procedures
• Ensures contracts and supporting documents are quality checked in advance of approval circulation and signing
• Contributes to preparation and drafting of donor financial proposals
• Work with the Head of Finance and Operations AWA in the preparation and drafting of donors’ financial reports
The Senior Finance and Administrative Officer must possess and be able to demonstrate:
• University degree in financial management, business management, accounting, finance, administration, and grant management or other related discipline
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in project/programme management and design, administration, grant management, including experience in budgeting, costing, monitoring and implementation
• Professional qualifications in finance and accounting (e.g. ACCA, CFA, CPA, CMA) are considered strong assets
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package (including MS Work, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Experience working with donor grants (e.g. EU, USAID, DFID, FFO) considered advantageous
• Experience working in an international context in the development field with non-governmental or intergovernmental organizations considered an advantage
• Fluency in written and oral in French. Good knowledge of English is required; Knowledge of Arabic considered an asset.
This is a fixed term appointment until 04 May 2023.
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Chad for the duration of the contract.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Monday 21st March 2022
Must have a minimum of 3/4 years' experience within a Management position within high-end fashion or hospitality industry.Must have good attention to detail.