Bergrivier Municipality ensures the wellbeing of all communities within the Bergrivier region through economic growth, social
wellbeing, community involvement and effective management within a safe and healthy environment. Women and persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Bergrivier Municipality with its head office in Piketberg and approximately an hour’s drive from Cape Town currently has the
following vacancy and awaits applications from competent persons who comply with the minimum job requirements.
DIRECTORATE: COMMUNITY SERVICES
(Based in Velddrif)
RESORT ATTENDANT STYWELYNE (VELDDRIF)
Requirements: Proficiency in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans/ English/
isiXhosa - Read, Write and Speak) Ability to perform basic calculations High level of responsibility Required
to work outside normal working hours during emergencies and planned overtime Must perform duties in the
whole of the Municipality when required First aid/lifesaving course · Twelve (12) months relevant experience.
Key Performance Areas: Undertakes activities associated with maintaining the cleanliness and maintenance of
the resort surrounding and chalets, washing and wiping ceramic surfaces and floors and cleaning and
disinfecting ablution units, and performing general labouring duties in accordance with laid down instructions
Undertakes specific tasks/activities associated with maintaining the cleanliness of the resort, chalets and
recreation hall Attends to the storage and care of cleaning tools/equipment Performs any other related duty as
requested by the Supervisor.
Salary: R 114 072.00 per annum (T05 of a Category 3 Local Authority)
Date of acceptance: 01 June 2021 or as soon as possible
Enquiries: Mr D Carolissen at (022) 913 6000
1. A service bonus equivalent to one month’s salary, where applicable, will be payable and be supplemented by the normal benefits
applicable to the Municipality including a housing allowance for home owners subject to certain conditions.
2. The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and respects the conditions of the Employment Equity Act, preference will be
given to candidates who comply with the Employment Equity Targets.
3. The Municipality is not bound to make any appointment.
4. All appointments are subjected to Police clearings; which means that you give us permission to obtain Police clearance, by
applying for a position at the Municipality.
5. Applications received after the closing date or which have been received without the documentation mentioned below, will not be
6. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Applicants can regard their applications as being unsuccessful if no
feedback has been received within six weeks from the closing date.
7. Canvassing of any councillor and/or member of the Appointment Committee and/or any personnel member of the Municipality will
not be allowed and will immediately disqualify applicants.
8. In addition to the minimum job requirements and station mentioned herein, applicants may be expected to work overtime or be on
standby, as well as render services in other parts within the municipal area, as required.
9. Appointment in certain posts is subject to a security clearance and applicants will also undergo an interview and evaluation
process and where necessary, write a trade test.
A covering letter with three contactable references, must accompany the completed prescribed application form (available on request at
Tel. 022 9136000 or on the municipality’s website www.bergmun.org.za) with certified copies of the necessary qualification
certificates, ID document, Drivers Licence and a Curriculum Vitae (Maximum of 3 pages), (only one post per application
form) to reach the Municipal Offices, Piketberg or mailed to P O Box 60, Piketberg 7320 for the attention of
Mrs. W Terry Thomas (Human Resources Officer: Provisioning and Administration) by no later than the closing date.
NO FAXES OR ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 26 MARCH 2021 AT 14:30
ADV H LINDE 13 CHURCH STREET
MUNICIPAL MANAGER P O BOX 60
Must have a minimum of 3/4 years' experience within a Management position within high-end fashion or hospitality industry.Must have good attention to detail.