The main purpose of this position is to provide personal administrative support and assistance to the Assistant General Counsel, senior managers and specialists within the Legal Services Department (LSD) of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
The successful candidate will be responsible for, among other things, the following key performance areas:
- Manage and maintain the Assistant General Counsel’s diary, including logistical arrangements for appointments and travel, in liaison with the relevant personnel.
- Receive, screen and respond to incoming telephone calls and, where appropriate, deal with the queries and/or route calls to appropriate people.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communication, presentations and other documents, and conduct basic research and analysis for this purpose (where necessary).
- Collect and coordinate project-based and other information on behalf of senior managers (where applicable).
- Review operating practices in own area and implement improvements where necessary.
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships on behalf of the Assistant General Counsel and senior managers, and engage with staff members and stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Create and maintain a contact database for the senior managers’ office as well as systems in accordance with the File Plan of the SARB.
- Perform day-to-day duties in an ethical manner that involves maintaining absolute confidentiality in all matters related to the senior managers’ office.
- Manage specific administrative and team-building projects.
- Act as secretary to certain working groups.
- Execute any other tasks as instructed by the Assistant General Counsel, senior managers and specialists within LSD, as and when required.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- a Matric/Grade 12 plus a Diploma in Personal Assistant and Office Administration, or an equivalent qualification; and
- a minimum of three to five years’ job-related experience.
Additional requirements include:
- good verbal and written communication skills;
- good interpersonal skills;
- good working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Office 2010 or 2013 (i.e. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and other related software packages;
- time management;
- the ability to plan and organise events;
- problem solving;
- the ability to work independently;
- attention to detail;
- stakeholder management; and
- organisational awareness.
How To Apply
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicants MUST apply through the SARB’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualification(s) with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 23 March 2022 . Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her experience and competence.
Ms Sarah Molomo
Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection
Human Resources Department
South African Reserve Bank
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Apply for job