At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The price reimbursement and access environment in South Africa continues to rapidly evolve, requiring an increased focus on how to ensure Lilly products are made accessible and available to patients. The growth of the product portfolio (pending product approvals) within the affiliate also provides an opportunity to deliver appropriate reimbursement within the private funder market as well as the public sector.
Reporting to: Market Access Lead
Market Access Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for speed innovation in achieving favorable reimbursement for Lilly products with private funders as well as gaining coverage by public entities when possible.
- Responsible for all PRA needs across all therapeutic areas in Lilly South Africa with timely and effective support to optimise access.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment of South Africa pricing, reimbursement and access systems to understand opportunities.
- Build access plans and ensure access as part of brand and business planning process.
- Lead the development of business cases for products utilising insights from data analysis to build scenario financial modelling.
- Business cases should be centred around new product launches, life cycle management, as well as generic and biosimilar entry scenarios
- Develop tangible scientific concepts for alternative reimbursement models to expand access.
- Create/localise payer tools to support products value proposition.
- Regularly update General Manager and Executive Committee Members on all PRA progresses, results and challenges in South Africa.
- Conduct and communicate annual assessment of top opportunities and risks for the geography.
- Support Lilly South Africa through engagement with important customers and be accountable for maintaining contacts with decision makers.
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with multiple decision makers/influencers at each key payer.
- The Market Access Manager is also responsible for working with the Cross functional team i.e. Marketing, Sales, Medical, and Finance as well as the Field force, to identify and solve issues impacting the utilization of Lilly products. The Market Access Manager will work closely with the sales force to ensure awareness of access issues impacting their business as well as to maximize pull through opportunities.
Qualification and Experience Required
- Degree or tertiary qualification in Biological Sciences / Pharmaco-Economics is required
- An MBA would be advantageous
- Demonstrated use of data, behavioural economics and analytical skills to drive decision making
- Knowledge of local stakeholder dynamics and its impact on the pharmaceutical sector
- Good knowledge of payers, the public sector as well as private hospitals in the South African market will be advantageous
Required Skills and Competencies
- Problem Solving
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Decision Making
- Superb interpersonal Skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong in communication (both verbal and written)Proficient in MS Office
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply for job