• To teach and educate students according to guidelines provided by the initiation under the overall guidance of the competent education authority;
• To teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his/her care by the Management team.
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class;
• Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students
and groups of students;
• Adopting and working towards the implementation of the college development plan of the particular
college they are giving service in;
• Assigning work, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students;
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behaviour of one’s
• Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to
individual students or groups of students;
• Participating in arrangements within an agreed national framework for the appraisal of students’
• Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students, groups of students or class
entrusted to him/her;
• Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further
education and future careers; providing information on sources of more expert advice;
Job Description Lecturer 2019 1
• Communicating, consulting and co-operating with other members of the college staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students;
• Reviewing and evaluating one’s own teaching and learning strategies, methodologies and programme/s in line with the Curriculum Framework guidelines;
• Advising and co-operating with the Management team, and other lecturers in the preparation and development of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and pastoral care arrangements;
• Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching and learning of the subject/s
• Through effective dialogue, participating in reciprocal peer review and observation of class teaching
practice by the Head of Department (subject/level) concerned;
• Participating in In-Service education and training courses as well as in continuing professional
development (CPD) opportunities, and taking part in action research exercises;
• Maintaining good order and discipline amongst students under one’s care and safeguarding their
health and safety at all times;
• Participating in staff, group or other meetings related to the college curriculum or pastoral care
arrangements, for the better organization and administration of the college;
• Contributing to the professional development of new lecturers and student lecturers according to
arrangements agreed with the management team;
• Providing the necessary information and advice to the designated personnel in the college and/or
College and to provide all the necessary information regarding requisitions and arrangements in
connection with the teaching of the subject/s assigned to him/her;
• Ensuring the safe custody and optimum use of equipment normally used by oneself during lessons
and sees to its regular servicing and maintenance;
• Participating in college assemblies;
• Registering and monitoring the attendance of students under one’s care;
• Sharing in any possible and reasonable way in the effective management, organisation, order and
discipline of the college;
• Nurtures a culture where lecturers view themselves essentially as facilitators of learning and
• Regularly discussing, monitoring the work being carried out in class;
• In the case of students with severe learning difficulties and with communication problems, ensuring
that a Contact Book is daily updated with the necessary information including parents’ signature;
• Liaising and collaborating with specialist teachers/resource persons and other professionals working
with statemented students;
• Making use of audio-visual technological devices/aids (such as radio aids; projectors) and other
adaptations during the delivery of the lessons;
• To encourage and support students to take part in extra-mural activities.
• To involve lecturers in extra-mural activities.
• To assist with the management/organisation of extra-mural activities.
• Ensuring all marking is delivered timeously.
• Ensuring all files are regularly updated for the Academic Compliance Manager.
Experienced Nated Financial Management lecturer require asap
Must be able to lecture;
Must have a minimum of 3/4 years' experience within a Management position within high-end fashion or hospitality industry.Must have good attention to detail.