Headwear24, SA's largest headwear manufacturer is seeking the services of an experienced and skilled Quality Assurer to join its fast paced CMT operation in Durban.
• To oversee the following processes in the production chain:
1) Quality Approval
2) Sample make up incl Pattern Making, Cutting Blades
3) Production notes and the handover of same to Supervisors on the production lines to ensure 100% correct development of new styles.
3. Quality Assurance of Production & Samples
• Supervises quality checkers and reviews and suggests corrective action to address any issues identified
• Assess order failures to determine whether style should be repaired or scrapped
4. Sample Production
• Make up pattern for new specification styles and send to supplier for production of blades
• Time study and line balancing done at time of sample make up
5. Production & Planning
• Tracks the pre-production process with the Production Planner to meet target completion date
• Report to Head CMT Planner to ensure Production Notes are executed on the production line timeously and as per directive.
• Prepping team including Cutting Clerk, Supervisors and Mechanic to ensure lines are set up for bulk production with fabrication and notes as per sample make up. Pilot run of 5 units to be approved prior to bulk production commences
• Attend production meeting daily to ensure lead times are tracked and critical path is managed to meet customer delivery date.
Compiles, submits and presents reports on:
• Daily/Weekly/Monthly as required by Head of Quality Assurance
• Report back on defective quality and returns relative to parameters set
• Working knowledge of Garment Construction, Pattern Making and Sewing Techniques
• Relevant National Certificate / Qualification is preferred
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
• Excellent numeracy and technical skills
• In depth understanding of quality assurance standards and testsing techniques
• Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to drive and motivate performance through effective team work and interaction with departments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong listening, presentation and decision-making skills
• A Self-starter with the ability to work unsupervised, manage own time and activities
• Solid organizational skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
Must have a minimum of 3/4 years' experience within a Management position within high-end fashion or hospitality industry.Must have good attention to detail.