Headwear24, South Africa's largest headwear manufacturer, is looking for a strong and highly skilled Head Cutter to join their CMT Operation in Newlands West. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall performance of the Cutting Room and will report directly to the Head CMT Planner & Production Coordinator.
• To execute the generation of lay plans
• To supervise the process of cutting of headwear and cutting room capacity planning.
• Takes responsibility for hiring of skilled workers and identification of training requirements for staff, as authorised.
• Ensure all safety equipment is in working order and all employees are trained in safety measures.
Production & Planning
• Track pre-production processes to meet target completion dates.
• Liaise with Head CMT Planner to ensure Production Plan is executed as per directive. Ensure Head CMT Planner is kept updated and informed of all Planning Requirements.
• Prep with team including Supervisors and Mechanic to ensure cut work is delivered timeously for lines that are set up for bulk production.
• Supervise and guide cutting of fabric for samples and bulk production according to production schedule.
• Supervise the marking and ensure accuracy
• Prepare detailed production schedule.
• Ensure regular and sustained feed of panels / materials to sewing section.
• Provide input and guidance to sewing section by supplying prior knowledge of fabric / cutting defects.
• Ensure adequate materials are available to fulfil the order and liaise with management where issues are identified, such as over-consumption of fabric.
• System to organise storage and usage of blades, auditing quality of blades.
• Reporting of damaged blades and identifying root cause of damage.
• Check booking with fusing, embroidery & printing both in-house and outworks to ensure delivery dates are met.
• Attend production meeting daily to ensure lead times are tracked and critical path is managed to meet target delivery date.
• Compile and submit daily/weekly/monthly reports as required by Head CMT Planner.
• Train and guide cutting room staff for maximum efficiency and minimum cutting losses.
• Manage employee relations issues which may arise, including counselling, discipline and grievance processes within the framework of applicable labour legislation and company policies.
• Manage payroll, benefits, time and attendance and staff welfare matters in collaboration with HR department.
• Report back to Head CMT Planner on Staffing.
• Matric / NQF 4 qualification or equivalent
• Cutting machine operation skills.
• Knowledge and experience of pattern making process.
• Proficiency in full MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) at least at Intermediate level or higher
• Ability to supervise factory capacity and production scheduling
• Ability to supervise and influence material requirements
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to drive and motivate performance through effective inter-departmental teamwork.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong listening, presentation and decision-making skills
• Self-starter with ability to work unsupervised and manage own time and activities and those of others.
• Superior organisational ability
• Meticulous with a high level of attention to detail.
• Resilient with a high stress tolerance.
Must have a minimum of 3/4 years' experience within a Management position within high-end fashion or hospitality industry.Must have good attention to detail.