South African Reserve Bank Graduate Development Programme
The South African Reserve Bank ( SARB) is looking for productive and talented postgraduates to join its one-year Graduate Development Programme in January 2023.
What the SARB does
The SARB serves the economic well-being of South Africans through maintaining price and financial stability. It is responsible for the regulation of the South African financial sector, design and distribution of banknotes and coin, management of interest rates, setting the cash reserve requirement for banks, and ensuring stability of both the banking sector and the wider financial system.
What the Programme is about
Exposure to departments in the SARB
Graduates will work and learn at the SARB Head Office from January to December 2023. During the year, they will be assigned to a department and exposed to various tasks and projects.
During the Programme, graduates will attend various learning interventions at the SARB Academy. Interventions are mainly central banking specific and are aimed at producing well-rounded central bankers. In addition, personal and professional skills such as assertive communication, public speaking and presentations, creating powerful PowerPoint presentations, impactful reporting, teamwork, and personal excellence and etiquette also form part of the holistic programme.
After the first year
At the end of the year, some graduates will be permanently appointed into a department of the SARB. Those most likely to be appointed are graduates who:
· are interested in continuing their career at the SARB;
· have a desire to contribute to monetary policy, financial stability, currency management, supervising financial institutions, financial markets, or one of the SARB’s enabling functions;
· have demonstrated behaviours aligned to the SARB’s values of accountability, excellence, integrity, respect and trust, and open communication;
· can function independently and contribute actively and effectively in a team; and
· have performed exceptionally well in their assigned departments and academically.
The SARB will consider postgraduate students with capability in at least one of the following areas:
• Economics • Econometrics • Research • Policy analysis • Modelling • Public finance • Accounting • Auditing
• Statistics • Financial management • Information technology • Law • Portfolio or investment management
• Mathematics • Quantitative analysis • Business analysis • Project management • Risk management (operational and financial risk) • Treasury • Economics and international relations
· have completed a postgraduate degree;
· have attained an average of over 65% in your final year;
· have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policymaking;
· have a proven track record of academic excellence;
· have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
· are a South African citizen; and
· are a curious and keen learner.
How To Apply
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicants MUST apply through the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
External applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za .
· All the available vacancies will be visible.
· Please follow these links: WORK @ SARB > Current vacancies .
Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (Ensure that you include all your skills and qualifications during the registration process.); or
Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here .
· Select the ‘Date posted’ > ‘Last 3 weeks’ (in the drop-down menu).
· Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Please include a copy of your academic transcripts and your identity document with your application.
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in assessments, interviews, and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2022.
Late applications will not be considered.
Suitable candidates will be selected based on the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
Graduates will receive a competitive salary for the duration of the Programme.
Ms Sarah Molomo
Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection
Human Resources Department
South African Reserve Bank
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Apply for job