Posting Start Date
Duty Station Status
To be determined
The primary responsibility of this position will be to review accounts and financial management of Southern Africa Cluster Delegation. Support the Finance officer on Programme Accountant.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Data capturing from Source documents
- Capture all Payments, Receipts into in Coda system.
- Receive all National societies working Advance check if all supporting documents are attached with correct authorization.
- Capturing of VAT element into the Coda that is refundable
Petty Cash Management
- Daily ensure that there is enough Petty Cash for office petty cash expenses
- Weekly ensure that there is weekly Petty cash count including month end and reconciliations.
- Submit year end Petty cash Account that is reconciling to the General ledger.
- Ensure that the Staff with approved Mission trips have been supplied with the requested travel funds including
- Load payments on the banking platforms Standard Bank SA, Standard Chartered bank UK & FC Stone.
- Receive all signed Request of payments and including supplier payments for processing.
- Assist in the communication and enforcement of all financial policies and procedures as well as the improvement of areas identified.
- Keep updated all the assets inventories of the office
- Keep updated the Finance filing system
- Adequate maintenance of storage space designated for archiving and records of Admin Unit, including the disposal and destruction of old files. Supervise the receipt and safe storage of all goods and stationeries in the office.
- Prepare and monitor Finance files to ensure they are filed and labelled both originals and photocopies with all supporting documents inside.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or Finance management._ (Required)_
- At least 1 years in similar positions. (Required)
- Experience working with international non- governmental organization. ( Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Proficient computer skills. (Required)
- Broad understanding of Red Cross/Red Crescent activities. (Preferred)
- Motivated, self-started personality, sense of responsibility and organization skills.(Required)
- Good stress management skills.(Required)
- Fluently spoken and written English.(Required)
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic).(Preferred)
Competencies and Values
- Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability.
- Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
Job Type: Internship
Apply for job