Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midrand has an opportunity available for a DC Inbound Trainee Manager to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to achieve operational excellence within the Dis-Chem Distribution Centre incorporating functions in necessary areas, ensuring that both legal and customer requirements are met.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Degree/Diploma in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 1-2 Years relevant experience in Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
- Proof of COVID -19 Vaccination Certificate
- Relevant experience in the field of Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Experience in the Retail/Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Experience with SAP, EWM or other ERP systems
- Ensure all supplier deliveries are received, checked, processed and put away within agreed timelines.
- Analyse and interpret all potential departmental shrinkage indicators and act accordingly.
- Ensure optimal planning and forecasting of department resources and capacity to meet the day-to-day strategic objectives.
- Maintain a stock rotation on an inventory based on FEFO (First Expiry First Out) principle.
- Work with QA team to ensure stock is on the acceptable industry standard.
- Develop and Implement solutions for addressing seasonal demand, shipments and/or unique packaging.
- Manage the safe storage, exchanging and flow of Dis-Chem, CHEP and EURO pallets.
- Ensure training of new staff in that they have the necessary tools and equipment required to perform their duties efficiently.
- Monitor staff performance including performance reviews.
- Effective and efficient resolution and communication of internal and external customer day-to-day queries.
- Identify supplier issues that impact required financial objectives and address them at the appropriate level internally and externally.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Demonstrate an understanding of the necessary leadership principles, values, principles of behaviour and leads by example.
- Demonstrate personal initiative.
- Take accountability for own actions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and a commitment to corporate governance principles
- Demonstrate a service mind-set and ensures everything within reason is done to achieve service excellence.
- Have the ability to build effective and productive relationships at all levels.
- Have the ability to influence service providers and build effective relationships within a team environment.
- Have the ability to acknowledge conflict, give positive / difficult feedback and make decisions while maintaining individual dignity and respect.
Special conditions of employment:
- South African Citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE, PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies has adopted a mandatory vaccination policy, effective 1 June 2022. Applicants must be willing to submit a valid vaccination certificate as of the date of implementation of the policy.
Apply for job
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.