Requisition Details & Talent Acquisition Contact
REQ 111135 - Twanette Coetser
Total Business Banking and Retail - Gauteng, Inland, WC, NC, KZN and EC
We are looking for an experience Credit Analyst to join our team. In this role you will be required to assess credit risk of existing portfolio so that risk is managed and mitigated in line with the banks credit policy. We look forward to reviewing your application.
- Review existing portfolio to ensure alignment with bank's credit policy and to identify cross-sell opportunities by gathering and analysing relevant information.
- Prepare credit applications and make recommendations based on the findings, within credit parameters.
- Achieve targets by using management information systems to measure performance.
- Support the achievement of service level agreement standards by understanding client needs, providing guidance and recommendations and responding timeously.
- Contribute to external client satisfaction by sharing knowledge and developing skills of client service team members and other stakeholders.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders by attending meetings and supporting their strategies.
- Manage risk by monitoring reports, including excess report, within expected timeframes, identifying potential risks and taking corrective action to ensure risk compliance.
- Measure compliance, identify risk and make recommendations for achieving compliance by using current information and other resources available.
- Monitor covenant's by obtaining latest financial information, measuring compliance and reporting breaches.
- Sign off conditions of approval within required timeframes by checking the information called for.
- Verify that security is in place by gathering all required information.
- Ensure Nedbank Group Rating requirements are met, including Basel, and Moody's, by reviewing accounts and identifying risks.
- Keep abreast of legislation and other industry changes that impacts on role by reading the relevant newsletters, websites and attending sessions.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed, experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
- Ensure information is provided correctly to stakeholders by maintaining knowledge sharing knowledge with team.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.)
- Participate and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes, systems and policies and support implementation of new processes, policies and systems.
- Minimum 3 years experience gained in a similar role in a financial environment.
- Business Banking experience / exposure
Type of Exposure
- NQF Level 5 or 6 qualification (Degree or diploma) that includes accounting.
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Working with a group or independently to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Managing conflict situations
- Building and maintaining effective cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Sharing information in different ways to increase others' understanding
- Managing customer expectations
- Comparing two or more sets of information
- Working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Tracking actuals against targets
- Working in a team
- Working with spread sheets
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Banking procedures
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Industry specific knowledge
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Nedbank vision and strategy
- Relevant Nedbank Human Resources policies and practices
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566
Apply for job