About the position
Our client in the Financial and Insurance space, is seeking a Content and Community Specialist to join their company based in Johannesburg.
The position provides an exciting opportunity to join a high energy, fast moving internal marketing team made up of specialists across various marketing disciplines, backed up by specialist external service providers. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the creation, curation, and distribution of content in order to generate awareness, and foster engagement, usage and conversion across our business units and product ranges, through email, social media, WhatsApp, and other mediums.
The position also includes taking an active role in internal marketing and communication responsibilities, working closely with our HR function in order to build a positive company culture and report internal news.
- Solid understanding of social media posting requirements.
- Previous experience and understanding of Google Analytics.
- Ability to report on campaigns by CTR, engagement etc.
- Experience with social media planning tools (Hootsuite or similar).
- Experience with email distribution tools (Mail chimp, Everlytic etc.).
- Website CMS management experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel a must).
- Good copy writing skills.
- Strong planning and project management capability.
- Basic understanding of HTML.
- Attention to detail.
- Own the content creation process (including but not limited to articles, videos, webinars) in order to deliver on business requirements.
- Plan, setup, and gain business approval on annual and monthly content calendars across business units.
- Prepare social posts, and messaging across mediums (email, WhatsApp, SMS etc).
- Report on efficacy of content and community efforts – and tweak efforts as required.
- Propose and implement, test, and iterate new methods of content roll out in order to drive new sales and increased usage among existing clients.
- Brief business stakeholders on content required in order to meet your deliverables, including design requirements.
- Work with internal / external content consultants on tweaking business supplied content.
- Ensure all content meets language style and CI guidelines.
- Participate in or host digital (recorded or live) presentations and panel discussions.
- Upload content to required platforms (website, social etc).
- Prepare and distribute monthly client newsletters.
- Review and prepare ongoing client communication (including but not limited to onboarding comms, increase comms, lead and new client engagement comms, and ongoing base protection communication).
- Work with customer care and business heads to ensure 100% response and resolution rate on all external media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Reviews, Hello Peter etc).
- Take overall responsibility for growing our social communities.
- Work with SEO, paid advertising, UX consultants on content requirements to boost paid and organic initiatives.
- Work on special/ad-hoc content projects.
- Draft, tweak, distribute internal communication (Staff newsletters, incentives, etc).
- Drive and assist with creating/updating internal training material and videos.
- Propose and implement new content and community initiatives.
- Growth in new business derived from the content effort.
- Growth in web visitors and other web metrics.
- Growth in social media following and engagement rates.
- Improvements on open and click-through rates from messaging platforms.
- Achieve agreed to attendance rates on digital events (webinars etc.).
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Apply for job