About the position
- Completed matric certificate
- Passionate about hunting and outdoor living is a non negotiable. Preference to someone with gun competency and competency to trade.
- Managerial experience as an Assistant Manager or as a Manager.
- Retail experience.
- Target driven individual.
- Has an outgoing personality.
Duties and responsibilities amongst others:
- Assist in directing all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resource, administration, and sales.
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities.
- Implement and execute action plan based in Departmental performance and monthly expenses.
- Meet goals and metrics set out in the Ops scorecard.
- Assist in Managing budget and ensure all expenses stay within the set parameters.
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation through E-learning, on the job training, supplier training.
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities.
- Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs.
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly.
- Adhere to high ethical standards and comply with all regulations/applicable laws.
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company.
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration.
- Weekly meeting with admin supervisor/floor manager and receiving supervisor. (Separate meeting template to be distributed).
- Weekly stock meeting with floor manager/Receiving supervisor to ensure all areas of responsibility is recorded and monitored.
- Monitor and report weekly on Sales to budget/Sales on Last year, GP to budget/GP on Last year.
- Sales employee performance and commission. (Daily sales meeting must be held).
- Measure and draw conclusions from foot count of Last year.
- Departmental performance breakdown and action plan for areas that are out of line.
- Aged stock action plan in order to drive it down and minimize cash investment in old stock.
- Measuring and reporting weekly on repair status
- Stock received (POD sign-off vs capturing on system). What was the time lapse?
- Monthly staff schedule/weekend staff schedule must be drawn up a month in advance and communicated to the staff to ensure that time and attendance is fully monitored and recorded.
- Corrective actions after the mystery shopper visit must be communicated to all staff and the monthly customer service score must be above the benchmark indicated by the Ops scorecard.
- Hazard counts and stock adjustment must be measured on a weekly basis (Plus corrective action if applicable)
- General feedback on meetings to be communicated to Ops executive weekly.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Apply for job