International IDEA is managing a 18 months EU funded programme to support to the Democratic transition in Chad, and to contribute to SDG 16 to promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
The programme seeks to support the democratic transition by supporting the establishment of mechanisms for an inclusive dialogue and consensus building on the transition process; strengthen stakeholders’ capacity for constitution building; enhance stakeholders’ capacity for electoral reform that will facilitate credible electoral processes; and strengthen citizens awareness on the transitional process and broader democratic governance practices. It is anticipated that Chad’s transition period and processes will provide an opportunity for Chad’s transition to democracy.
Based in Ndjamena, Chad, International IDEA seeks to appoint:
ASSOCIATE PROGRAMME OFFICER: CONSTITUTION BUILDING
The Associate Programme Officer will support planning and implementation of the constitution building programme activities. The incumbent will also support analysis of the developments in the democratic transition in Chad and advise programme team members on the implications of such development to constitution building aspects of the programme.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
• Supports the provision of technical assistance on constitution building and representation to partners, national institutions and other stakeholders;
• Supports the design and implementation of training programmes, conferences, seminars and workshops in accordance with the workplan.
• Supports the team to identify synergies and partnership opportunities for the implementation of constitution building related activities in Chad Programme;
• Contributes to the creation of mechanisms and opportunities that allow for the exchange of information and experiences in the region;
• Assists in identifying issues of common interest and supports the implementation of related activities for democracy promotion;
• Contributes to the design and development of knowledge products; supports the team in the research and development of papers and articles;
• Supports the promotion of dialogue and consensus building among political actors on constitution building in Chad;
• Contributes to the monitoring and evaluation of the programme, through the collection of data from the Ministry of National Reconcilliation and other stakeholders, and the documenting of outcomes and impact of International IDEA’s work in Chad;
• Contributes to preparation of periodic project reports in line with the project results framework, while ensuring disaggregation and profiling of gender, youth and other vulnerable persons;
The Associate Programme Officer: CBP must possess and be able to demonstrate:
• University degree in political science, law sociology, international relations or other related subject
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience working in the field of constitution building, democracy and governance, political participation and representation and/or gender
• Experience of working in an international context, e.g., in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage
• Proven experience in engaging, cultivating and influencing stakeholders is essential
• Previous experience of managing donor funded projects will be considered an asset
• Integrates a results-based approach into the design, management and evaluation of all his/her programmatic activities;
• Has a good understanding of the key geographical zone where his/her work is implemented – which may imply field/international experience at some point
• Contributes to the research of information on donors and partners, and all other activities related to resource mobilization and partnership building;
• Illustrates integrity, a collaborative spirit, a sense of achievement, and an understanding of risk management.
• Fluency in written and oral in French. Good knowledge of English; Knowledge of Arabic considered an asset
This is a fixed term appointment until 04 May 2023.
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in Chad for the duration of the contract.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 25th March 2022
Must have a minimum of 3/4 years' experience within a Management position within high-end fashion or hospitality industry.Must have good attention to detail.