Who are we?
Glacier by Sanlam brings together leading experts and respected financial services companies to meet clients’ investment needs. We deliver focused investment services through specialist teams, partner with acclaimed financial intermediaries and pride ourselves on our superior products and solutions and high quality service. We offer a comprehensive range of investment solutions, designed to assist in the creation and preservation of wealth. Our offering encompasses local investments, including fixed term investments and investments with guarantees, international investments, retirement saving solutions, and retirement income solutions. While each solution has its own distinct purpose, they all share the world-class quality and commitment that have come to distinguish Glacier. What will you do?
T The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for product accounting and - costing, as well as MIS information. What will make you successful in this role?
- Accounting function of Glacier International (monthly provisions and reconciliations, payment approvals, analytical reviews of income and expenses, uploading bank statements manually and monitoring bank accounts)
- Accounting function of Glacier international (monthly provisions and reconciliations, payment approvals, analytical reviews of income and expenses and monitoring bank accounts/repatriating profits).
- Completion of VNB file which is submitted to Sanlam actuarial (includes detailed product information, expense/income allocations and reconciliations to Income Statement)
- Timeous completion of inputs to be included in monthly management report.
- Completion of Ad-hoc requests and involvement in projects.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 2 years’ experience within the Financial Services industry/ linked product
industry in a similar role
- A financial related qualification will be an added advantage
- Technical and Business Knowledge within financial services industry
- Numerical Skills (attention to detail/ quality orientation)
- Judgement/ Problem-solving and analysis
- Impact and Influence
- Performance driven
- Teamwork/ability to function independently
- Client Service Orientation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer Skills (MS EXCEL ADVANCED and SAP as an advantage)
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Honesty, integrity and respect
- Self-starter and self confidence Qualification and Experience Degree or Diploma with 2 to 3 years related experience. Knowledge and Skills Recording of financial Transactions Reconciliations and query resolution Compliance with SOP's and SLA's Authorisation of transactions within mandates Personal Attributes Manages conflict - Contributing independently Demonstrates self-awareness - Contributing independently Optimises work processes - Contributing independently Action orientated - Contributing independently Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development. Core Competencies Cultivates innovation - Contributing independently Customer focus - Contributing independently Drives results - Contributing independently Collaborates - Contributing independently Being resilient - Contributing independently Turnaround time
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
15 March 2022 Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
Apply for job