- Provide financial and commercial support to the division.
- Participates in the Strategic planning process
- Effective financial management of the account. This includes monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting
- Direct & control the depots overall Financial Plans and Policies, Internal controls, Accounting Practices and Relationships.
- Accountable for functions such as Forecast/Budgeting, Management accounting, Cost accounting.
- Develops and co-ordinates necessary and appropriate accounting and statistical data and procedures for the maintenance and the preparation of its financial/Commercial reports.
- Appraises operating results in terms of benchmark budgets, forecasts and strategic plans and coordinates appropriate action plans
- Development of DC and support financial staff
- Management of all financial aspects of the account for DSC. This includes:- Monitoring and analysis of performance against budget (includes explaining variance)
- Preparation of LE as well as all costings for submissions for DSC.
- Attending to all queries with regards to DSC charges levied.
- Preparation of PRB Papers and IRB Financial Modelling and annual distribution budget.
- Supplying DSC management with financial information and RFP for New Business.
- Managing and overseeing all projects relating to the account and all key projects relating to this client. (from a financial aspect).
- Ensuring operational impact of financial decisions are properly communicated to DSC business and vice-versa.
- Preparation of monthly KPI reporting and management packs
- Custodian of all "Project Papers"
- Maintain and enhance
decision-making through the provision and use of first class financial information based on strong internal control environment and costing systems
- Initial preparation of PRB documentation iro of contract acquisitions, capex and other commercial opportunities as well as the management of post approval process including back checks.
- Review and challenge of local financial performance, directing and assisting in ensuring performance to budget and forecast
- Ensure a sound and effective relationship and interface with the central finance team, and in particular Shared Services
- Operational financial management and implementation of business unit operational cost control processes
- Revenue management ensuring timeous and accurate billing of clients and appropriate follow up of outstanding payments in support of Shared services
- Management of the development and succession of financial personnel within the DC structures.
- Provide direction and advice to the senior management team in relation to risk, commercial contracts, approval of business opportunities and general approach to maximising financial performance.
- Ensure Compliance will all local statutory accounting rules and requirements
Qualifications & Experience
Apply for job
- Degree Level Education
- CA Qualification Desirable
- Continuous Personal Development
- Minimum 5 years in a senior financial role
- Relationship management/Cultural appreciation
- Acquisition appraisal and management
- Negotiation Skills
- Impact and influence
- Knowledge of contract logistics market trends, opportunities and challenges
- Commercial breadth, i.e. general management experience
- Track record of strong P&L understanding